Sunday 31 January 2010

cycloclub yoga-spin workout, ha ha

That was funny - I just finished this workout, which I've only ever done once before...then checked my email to find one from cycloclub inviting members and non-members to try 'cycloclub's most hated workout'! Amazing timing! It was pretty grim! I only did it because I haven't managed to get out running this weekend - partly due to snow, partly to singing commitments...running outside is not the best for the voice!

Sun 31st Jan - 45 mins -cyclozen yoga spin workout - yoga followed byt 5 x 3mins at threshold effort (ie 8-9.5 out of 10 effort - so almost but not quite flat out) - each time on increasingly harder gears (I stayed in middle chain ring at front, and went up 2 cogs at the back each set). 1 min relaxed pedaling between each set. 4th and 5th sets I didn't manage to stay in cog i started set in for whole 3 mins - dropped back a bit after 2 mins. Was really breathless after sets 2-5, and not ready for next set! Then more yoga.

Sat 30th Jan - 11.30pm - cyclozen - fix the back stay in the drops - strength - 20mins - core work

Thurs 28th Jan -9pm cyclocore - circuits 1,2,3,4 - 45 mins - core strength 1,2,3 then stretch out, cool down in 4th.

Tues 26th Jan - swim - (8pm) 40 mins - 2 x 100 warmup/catch up; 2 x 400, 4 x 100m on 3 mins (was finding this hard and not getting near the 2 min per 100m I used to manage) (haven't been working much on swimming) 1400m altogether. Need to keep it up.

8.30am - cyclo-spin class no. 2 - climbing - 70 mins - can't remember how it wen now - hard I think!

Sun 24th Jan - 3pm - run - 45mins - Warkworth Beach dunes - gently undulating along path out to Alnmouth South beach, back through steep dunes. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment