Tuesday 22 June 2010

All the better for a hard ride...

Haven't been emotionally/energywise great the last few days - but have just made myself get out for a hilly ride followed by club time trial - beautiful evening...and knocked lots off my previous PB for this year, despite gusty breeze and a red light at Alnwick Gdns - where I caught up another timetrialer - so was too embarrassed to ride thru it! (as I normally do!) Which means I broke 44 mins - whoohoooo! (was aiming to break 45 min).

Went for longish run Sun - a flat one! Couldn't believe how much easier it felt! It was part of a sponsored walk my Mam had helped organise...so ran ish - from Alnmouth to Seaton Point (most of this was un-runnable, as the tide was really high, so was on rocks) and on to Boulmer (40mins)(had chat with someone there!) - then onto Howick woods bridge jus passed Sugar sands - and back to Boulmer - where met the others for a pic nic lunch (the BOulmer return took 40mins too - but for 5? miles rather than 3.) Then walked/ran with my son back to the car at Alnmouth.

Sun 20th June 10
medium run - 8 miles - 80 mins - along coast (see above)

Tues 22 June 2010
bike - to A1 and across to Lemmington bank - straight over and down the hill, left and up the steep back road passed the mill - although hard, I managed more easily than I expected. Then to Alnwick for timetrial, which did in 44 mins 18 secs, with a stop at he red light. Really pleased with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment