Sunday 6 June 2010

Day at Glentress

My son couldn't quite believe I didn't mountain bike - but I didn't want to use the borrowed one, as I was actually supposed to have returned it ages ago - even though it wouldn't have been ridden by its owner anyway! Still felt wrong..and couldn't afford to hire one....so the plan was to do a long hilly run. This was sabotaged by forgetting the sandwiches i'd made - which meant i needed to meet my son and his friend at the cafe in a couple of hours...so i did 1.5 hrs, and planned to do a bit more later - but felt wiped out and headachy by then so I slept instead! (v.hot day, period...etc)

I was quite pleased with what I did do though - decided to push harder with recovery stops, rather than a constant slow plod. Thought I might improve more doing that. And I developed a new verb - to 'lib' down the hills - ie visualise being light and skippy and relaxed, like a friend who fell runs.

Sat 5th June - 12.30pm - medium run - Glentress (mountain bike centre near Peebles, Scotland) - 1.5 hrs.....'fartlek' ie push on efforts, for two half hr periods

Don't think I actually had a plan this week as such - but did 10 hrs good training, so I'm pleased. Trying to mentally 'let go' of improving at swimming at the moment - hard, as I want to keep improving - which I would if i had time to work at it - but I haven't - other things more a priority - so I'm going to have to just accept that loads of others who were slower than me, are all overtaking!


No comments:

Post a Comment