Friday 19 February 2010

back in the saddle..bullwhips and popcorn


Even if only statically, in the living room! That was a hard spin session though - cycloclub's no.3? (I think)(went back to it as it kept getting stuck last time I tried)....'bullwhips and popcorns'. Mind you, they're all pretty hard..and more than a solid hour. This one had 15 mins tough core work first..some stuff I hadn't done before that was a struggle. So the weird terms refer to 2 techniques..can't really describe the bullwhip one...sort of an extension to shoe scrapers but really 'whipping' into it over the top and aiming down to 5 o'clock, before pulling through, using the toes very actively - pointing them down - on the way down, but up on the way back up..there's a techy term for that but I can't remember it..and popcorns are simpler - simply focus all your energy into a straight up fast movement from 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock. I was quite good at that one! There were also quite a few standing chunks - which I find really hard. I'm very floppy now and am struggling to get up and down stairs - all my muscle power has been drained.

Sadly, Glentress this weekend is off. 1/ it's snowing quite hard - and that's here - it's usually worse there, especially as you get higher. 2/the steering fluid leak on my car is not yet mended - had hoped it would be today. Which means it takes alot of arm strength to drive - especially any manouevering - didn't fancy that at Glentress itself up those steep bendy fire roads, with 3 mountain bikes on the back. And 3/ I've still got a tickly chest. It's not awful, but I don't want to undo the recovery, as I'm so nearly there.

Friday 19th Feb (1 hr 10mins)

cycloclub spin session no.3, 'bullwhips and popcorn' - 66mins

cyclo cool in 5 (warm down)

emphasis on core strength and technique

No comments:

Post a Comment