Friday 2 April 2010

Easter Holiday planning...

Well, all of a sudden it seems to be Easter! Didn't even think of buying any eggs til 2 hrs ago, and there were very few left!

Let's look at my calendar:

2 weeks til Galashiels Sprint tri (18th April)

7 weeks til Keswick Tri (800m lake swim, 25mile bike, 8k (?) fell run (23rd May)

Need to do some biking this week, as away the week leading up to Galashiels and not taking the bike. Going to Kielder on Tues I hope - if I can borrow the van. Still no car - in garage. But will have 2 mountain bikes on it already. So definitely a long hilly run day. Shame I can't fit road bike on the rack aswell - maybe I can - must have a close look. I'd love to do some road biking round that area...

Will aim to swim Wed evening - and following wed evening aswell, at tri pool sessions...the first means I need to aim to do planned Imax cinema/Ikea trip earlier in day rather that later..the latter depends on how the journey back from Runcorn goes. Might manage a swim in Runcorn on the Tues...

So tomorrow ought to be a long bike day...might head out Rothbury way in the afternoon - have cake in a cafe!
Sun a run - with some fartlek - faster bursts
Mon a core strength/abs sesh
Tues - long hilly run
Thurs a cyclospin..followed by a short run as a brick
a week mon and Tue a swim and a run
Wed a swim
Thurs a sprint tri distance bike - might just go round Alnwick route....and Lake swim with tri club in evng at Druridge

So that sounds like a short term plan anyway.

Need to try and do a couple of pool sessions - just to build my confidence - it's too late to improve much. At least i know I can still get that far in a pool as did 10 days ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment