Friday 16 April 2010

Going to Galashiels....

Or at least, to Peebles/Glentress tomorrow where I'll camp - or at least, older son and his friend will and I'll be in Dad's heatable van..they'll go mountain biking and I'm planning on a gentle day at the site in Peebles - maybe a swim or a gentle bike ride...see what I feel like. I don't want to hire a bike though - spent too much already these hols - and I'm actually still stiff from cyclospeed circuits Wed...and don't want to be totally done in for Sun - not that I'm exactly psyched up for the sprint tri at Galashiels. I think I might actually end up going slower than last year...feels weird going back to a sprint after all the longer ones last year. Was weird getting stuff sorted and not having to think about fueling/hydration. Should've got my bike checked over though - and the handle bars re-taped - hope the bikes don't get inspected too closely..

Quite looking forward to a restful day tomorrow....it's been quite full-on these hols - haven't got all the paperwork I was supposed to do for work finished - didn't make it in to do DIY bits either...we were at a wedding, my cousin's in Midlands, then over to son's Nanna's in Runcorn for 3 nights - at least I got a short run and a good solid swim in there. And manic boy mountain bike things to sort since...madness...he's ended up with a 'new' one...the carpet was covered in oil - then white spirit..I seem to've been running round bike repair shops getting them to undo his attempts at repairs...

Monday 12th April 2010
8.30am, 20 min run to pool in Runcorn, swim for 45 mins ish, 20 min run back
swim - 200m warm up (BS, catch up), 4x 100m on 2min 30, 750m continuous, 3x 50 relaxed warm down. 1500 altogether

Wed 14th April 2010
9pm - cyclospeed circuits 1,2 - felt sluggish (30mins)
- 10mins relaxed run to friends for alcoholic recovery

Thurs 15th April 2010
6pm - run - 40mins - gently twice round lake at Druridge - with dad's dog - necessary to scare off killer swans....
7pm - swim - in lake, about 600m? 500m mostly continuously...hard to get into relaxing in to continuous swimming in cold water again...apparently it was much warmer than the sea, but still felt pretty cold..good start though....must keep it up before Keswick.

No comments:

Post a Comment